1. Fasten outdoor lights securely to firm supports to protect them from wind damage. Use only insulated staples or hooks to hold strings in place.
2. Turn off all holiday lights and extinguish all candles when you go to bed or leave the house. The lights could short out and start a fire.
3. Outdoor electric lights and decorations should be plugged into circuits protected by ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs). Portable outdoor GFCIs can be purchased where electrical supplies are sold.
4. Never use lighted candles on a tree or near combustible materials. Keep at least 12 inches from anything that can burn.
5. In homes with young children, avoid sharp and breakable decorations. Keep trimmings with small removable parts out of reach.
Recent Insurance Articles:
Contact me for any questions you may have regarding your insurance
Mike Spicer / 714-255-5650 / email@example.com