If your home has a basement, it probably has a sump pump. Watch for some tips to make sure your sump pump is working properly.
1. Has your sump pump gotten louder? This could be a sign of bad bearings in the motor. Have a qualified plumber check to see if the pump needs replacement.
2. Clean any debris out of your sump pit that could potentially clog the pump.
3. To ensure the pump is working correctly, periodically trigger it to turn on by dumping a bucket of water in the sump pit.
4. If your pump has an external float, make sure that it is free of any obstructions that might stop the switch from triggering.
5. Check all of the plumbing connections to make sure that there aren’t any leaks.
Recent Insurance Articles:
Contact me for any questions you may have regarding your insurance
Mike Spicer / 714-255-5650 / firstname.lastname@example.org