Watch for five tips on how to start composting to improve your lawn and garden and save on landfill space.
1. Start with yard waste then add kitchen scraps to the compost pile like egg shells, coffee grounds, and fruit and vegetable peels. These help speed up the composting process.
2. The bigger the compost pile, the better, but don’t get much bigger than three feet wide by three feet tall.
3. Let your compost breathe. Mix up the contents often so the pile gets oxygen and can break down effectively.
4. Keep the compost pile moist so the composting process stays active. But don’t let it get soggy, because it will smell.
5. Maintain a balance of different materials in the pile. An overload of one material will slow down the compost process.
Recent Insurance Articles:
Homeowners Insurance Customer Satisfaction
Driving Safely With Passengers
Man Sues over Slot Machine Injury
Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Shares Up
Contact me for any questions you may have regarding your insurance
Mike Spicer / 714-255-5650 / firstname.lastname@example.org