Older homes need special attention. Watch for five tips on how to keep your older home going strong.
1. If your home has an old boiler system, replace with a modern, efficient boiler or furnace for energy savings.
2. If central air isn’t an option, consider installing a large ventilation fan or whole-house fan in the attic. The fan can bring in a breeze through the open windows in the house.
3. If your home has knob and tube electrical wiring, replace it with a safer, modern system with a new electric panel and house wiring.
4. Inspect the roof every six months. Replace or repair worn or cracked shingles immediately. If the roof is more than 20 years old and most shingles are worn or damaged, it’s time to replace it.
5. Steel plumbing pipes can clog from internal rusting. Replace them before they burst or reduce your water pressure.
Recent Insurance Articles:
Contact me for any questions you may have regarding your insurance
Mike Spicer / 714-255-5650 / email@example.com